Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Paper Dress

My sister tied the knot last summer, and the wedding was tres shabby chic. Lace practically dripped from the ceilings -- lining the tables, adorning candles and vases, hanging from chairs, bunched into faux rose bouquets... Post-wedding, we had boxes of the stuff just sitting around. So, when my digital art class assigned a "paper sculpture" project, I decided to put it to some good use.

Beautiful antique lace + scanner + photoshop + GINORMOUS industrial printer = scads of lace-printed paper with which to make a rather crinkly (terribly sexy) wedding gown. First I made a "sewing" bust by duct-taping my entire mid-section, from neck to buttocks (see Etsy Labs for more details on how to do this!). Then I made the dress around the form, wrapping and scrunching paper where I saw fit. Feast your eyes!



No comments: